Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Movement...Yeah, God!!!

Here are four things I'm excited about over the last week or so...
  • Thursday a local GBC pastor called in response to a mailing we sent to each of our district churches via their Senior Pastors. The mailing contained a request for each church to consider partnering with us by placing a bulletin insert in their weekly bulletin. The insert offers people the opportunity to partner with us by referring contacts, joining our prayer team, or bringing a ministry team to help. This brother called to say they would run the insert and pray with us! Praise God!
  • Saturday I got an e-mail in response to our "Beat the Winter Blahs..." door-hanger campaign (see Trish and Seth making these packets). Last week, I spent a bulk of my week hanging about 600 of these on doors in local neighborhoods. This family said they would like to join us Sunday. That's huge for me... because I had been praying all week as I walked that God would just give us ONE response. As it turned out, they called on Sunday a.m. and said they couldn't make it. We were disappointed... but glad they at least took the time to call. Pray Doug and Stephanie will join us for Easter (this weekend!).
  • Yesterday (Monday) another local pastor called in response to an e-mail I had sent to local church pastors (GBC and non-GBC). This e-mail (see 3/5 "Help Wanted" post) asked churches to consider if they have anyone in their ministry that might be able to help us in the areas of worship leading and children. Pastor Phil called to refer a name of someone he knows who might be able to work with us in worship leading. Praise God for this contact and please pray with me for wisdom in follow-up. I also have some leads from non-GBC pastor friends in the community to follow-up in this area.
  • Yesterday I got another call related to our door hangers last week. Scott and his wife are looking for a church...and, from the conversation, I can tell they are the type of people we're looking for. They've been involved with churches at initial stages before and enjoy the excitement and challenge of this stage of church development. Praise God for this response. Please pray with us for a next step from this family. My prayer is that God will move Scott to join me for lunch, their family to join us for dinner (we invited them), or their family to check out our worship gathering this Sunday.

No comments: