Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things To Pray For This Week

God continues to open doors! I am truly amazed at the opportunities we have to impact thousands of lives... just in the next few weeks. A quick run down of our schedule includes:
  • last Saturday's Super Saturday where Seth and I (more on this later) gave out "Beat The Winter Blahs..." packets in our neighborhood
  • 30 students from Powell Grace Church coming this Saturday (3/1) to help us pass out more "Beat The Blahs" packets
  • offering free Caribou coffee to voters at Gahanna's YMCA on "Super Tuesday" (March 4)
  • offering free hot chocolate to a projected 4,000 people at New Albany's Easter Egg hunt on March 22
  • assisting the YMCA with its "Healthy Kids Day" on April 12
  • moving our weekly gathering from Thursdays to Sundays (beginning March 9)
I was excited about a meeting I had yesterday with a key staff person at the YMCA. Malik and I discussed the possibility of ClearView serving free snow cones to people at their outdoor pool each Saturday this summer. We've also locked in serving coffee on Nov.8 election day.

I'm excited about these opportunities because they put us in front of people. As I think about Jesus... one tool He used to draw crowds was His miraculous healing. I constantly ask myself, "How can we draw crowds..." I believe these opportunities are God's answer. They put us where people are already gathered. And, by offering simple blessings... I'm praying we can find the teammates we need and that God will open doors for deepening relationships and spiritual conversations with people Jesus loves that don't yet know him.

In this vein, please pray with me this week that:
  • God will lead us to receptive people when we go out into the community this Saturday, March 1 with Powell GBC's youth group. Praise God for these young people coming to help us!
  • God will appoint conversations and possibilities for teammates as we serve coffee on March 4.
  • God will supply resources needed to figure out how to serve hot chocolate to 4,000 people. Anyone want to help?
  • God will give us several more families in March.
  • God will bring new people to our Sunday a.m. gatherings (beginning March 9)
Thanks!

No comments: