Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What A Great Weekend!


I am praising God and so excited about the weekend God allowed me to experience October 19-21.  I've been praying and asking God to guide me to ministry opportunities and He seemed to open the floodgates of opportunity last weekend.  I traveled to Winona Lake, IN for the following:

On Friday evening and Saturday I had the privilege of working with 6 leaders from an Indiana church.  We spent time at CE National's Philemon Center (a beautiful, retreat-like, setting) discussing where the church was at, analyzing current ministries and leadership structures, praying, and strategizing for greater missional effectiveness.  God really met us and I believe that each of us left challenged to reach more people for Jesus and make more disciples in our local contexts.

On Sunday, I had the opportunity to preach at Community of Hope Grace Brethren Church in Columbia City, IN.  This worked well since I was already in the area anyway and was a great opportunity to communicate God's Word to the wonderful church there.  I always find that when God brings an opportunity to preach, the passage He leads me to for the message is exactly what I need at that moment (and hopefully a blessing to the people as well!).  I talked about Genesis 24 and some tips on how to accomplish assignments from God through prayer, taking initiative, and praising God.  To God's glory, I think the time went well and I think God used it.

A final praise for the weekend is that Trish and the boys did great in my absence.  I'm so thankful for a wife that shares our ministry fully and makes it possible by her hard work at home (and in many other areas!)

Thanks for praying with us for our ministry.  It is on weekends like this, where I sense God's literal guidance and provision, that I know we have a great team of people praying with us!

No comments: