Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Little (?) Blessings

As I know many of you can relate to, money has been especially tight the last few weeks for us. Today I put on a pair of pants I hadn't worn in a few weeks and found $6 in the pocket. I praised the Lord! We needed milk and dishwasher detergent at the store. So, I took my new-found fortune and ventured out. Not wanting to put these little purchases on a credit card or take money out of emergency savings...I was hoping my $6 would cover what I needed to buy. What did I find? By God's grace, milk was $1 off regular price and detergent was $.60 off. Way to go Meijer! Total purchase price: $4.97. With that remaining $1 in my pocket...I feel like the richest man in the world!

I was thinking about how silly this praise is... OR IS IT? Isn't that what Jesus was speaking of in Matthew 6:11? "Lord, please provide us with the resources we need to live TODAY..." (Wirt uninspired, possibly errant paraphrase). God knows exactly what we need before we ask (Matthew 6:32)...even if its just $6 to buy some milk and dishwasher soap.

No comments: