Sunday, June 24, 2007

Please Pray For Silas

Unfortunately, I've written this title to a blog post before. But, we could really use your prayers again for Silas' health. He is again battling some mysterious virus that causes symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea. This started late Thursday and he really hasn't been keeping anything down since. He won't eat and we have to force him to drink anything. Obviously the concern is for his hydration. Please pray that God would help his stomach to settle soon and that he would be able to keep liquids down. We're earnestly asking God to protect him from dehydration. Please also pray that we could learn to trust God at deeper levels with our fear for him and frustration over yet another sickness.

To complicate matters, its an important ministry weekend and week for us. We're trying to canvass the 191 homes in our neighborhood to meet people and hand out invitations to our neighborhood Bible Club (July 9-13). We had a good spiritual formation group meeting tonight. And, tomorrow, I'm (Andy) to leave to go out of town until Thursday night to an important training time for church planters. Please pray for Trish as she man's the fort here with a sick little one and active 4-year old. Special thanks and PRAISE GOD! to friend (and blog reader! :) Anne Stansfield and my mom (coming out on Tuesday) who will be an enormous help to Trish while I'm gone.

Bottom line as parents- we're concerned about our little boy and we covet your prayers. Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish & Andy,
I prayed for Silas today.
Andy Saunders

Anonymous said...

Trish-
I know you will be shocked but this is your old roomie, Julie Soto!! just checked checked out your blog from a link on Jenny's she just sent me and was moved to pray right away for your little guy- he looks so much like you :) I hope he is doing better, I know how hard it is to stand by helpless while they are miserable! Tim and I have 4 kids now: Gianmarco is 7, Alana 5, Lucas 3 and Ian 9 mos. We just moved to TX from PR about 4 mos ago. My email is timjulierico@msn.com --write me when you get this and we can exchange numbers-- God bless!!
Julie

Andy Wirt said...

Thanks, Andy!

Julie- I'll get your message to Trish! Thanks so much for your prayers!

Anonymous said...

How did your weekend go and is Silas better yet?
Andy Saunders

Andy Wirt said...

Andy- Thanks for your consistent prayers. I know you'll see new post above about Silas improving. The training week was very good. Thanks for asking!