Monday, June 18, 2007

If you pray for one thing...


...please pray that God helps us make many, many contacts this summer. This is our number one priority at this stage of beginning a missional church- learning how to focus on reaching people Jesus loves that do not yet know him. For fodder for your prayers for us...I'm giving you (wow- aren't you privileged as a blog reader! :) an inside picture of our journey. Below is a plan I've submitted to my coach (Tony Webb) for making contacts this summer. Would you pray God leads us and brings these desires to reality...for His glory? Thanks!

Contact-Making Strategy
Andy Wirt
June-August 2007

I envision meeting new people, building deeper relationships, and inviting receptive people to our spiritual formation group through the following fishing pools:

• Expanding neighborhood involvement. I would like to go door-to-door several times to invite people to a Neighborhood Bible Club we’re planning July 9-13. Also, I’d either like to sponsor a block party for our street or participate in facilitating the neighborhood-wide block party this summer.

• YMCA. I have a goal of meeting a new person every time I work out there. I want to look into classes or activities I/my family could join to be around new people.

• New Albany pool. We’ve joined the pool there with the desire of making contacts while enjoying good family time.

• “Renting” office space at Panera Bread or Starbucks. I frequently (2-4) times a week try to do administrative work or study outside of my home office at one of these places to meet people and start conversations where God opens doors.

• Volunteering for community service. I would like to find at least 1 large-scale, community-wide event to volunteer for (and get others from our group to help when possible) per month to be involved with. Possibilities:

  • June: Cancer walk in New Albany on June 12. Blues/Jazz Festival in Gahanna on June 15.
  • July: July 4th celebration in New Albany.
  • September: Walking Race in New Albany.

• Facilitate ClearView Church joining New Albany and Gahanna Chamber of Commerce. I’d like to utilize contact making/networking, marketing, and event participation that chamber membership would offer. This would open the door to unlimited new contacts.

• I’m thinking about the viability of some door-to-door work individually, with my family, or with teams. I’d like to do soft demographic research (“What could a new church do that would benefit this community…”) and make new contacts… but not sure how effective this would be in our community. Might be a negative contact?

• Secure a soccer coaching position for this fall.

• Select service events (car washes, etc.) and request teams to come and help us serve and meet people in the community.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Andy!
Looks like you will be very busy this summer! I'll pray for your contact making.
Andy Saunders

Andy Wirt said...

Thanks, Andy! Appreciate you, bro!