Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Room Mom! YEAH!

I found out yesterday that I got selected (most likely, no one else applied! :) as the "Room Parent" for Seth's Kindergarten class by the PTO leadership team at Seth's elementary school. I'm sure it's a bit unusual for a man to fill this post... but I'll give it a shot. Anyone have creative party ideas?

I'm not sure I can plan a great party for Kindergartners... but I'm really excited about the opportunities this will give Trish and I to connect to other parents of children in Seth's class. When it became apparent that Seth would need to attend public school, Trish and I made a commitment to be involved. Praise God for this open door to get to know new people and be sure we know what's going on in Seth's classroom.

Would you pray that God would provide opportunities to share Jesus and find teammates for ClearView from these new contacts? Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on being the room "mom"! I ran across this great article the other day when I was looking for resources on being a room mom. Hope it helps...

http://typeamom.net/parenting-children/how-to-be-a-great-room-parent-without-losing-your-sanity.html